Learning to live with your shortcomings may be the easiest way to shortchange yourself.” ~Dr. Johnette Cole
Pity poisons esteem. Pity is the most pervasive form of self-doubt. Seeking pity or acting pitiful means you have surrendered control of your life destiny. Eliminate pity, assume your power.
You shortchange yourself with an aimless, meandering existence when you abide pity. There is so much life to be lived, there is so much you must do. There are so many miracles to experience, so many new explorations to take part in.
Pity causes you to feel un-deserving. To feel pity is to mistreat yourself. You deserve the best and you are more than capable of earning the life you want. Release pity.
Combat pity with:
- Affirming belief (I am somebody)
- Service/kindness to others (I am needed)
- Forgiveness (I matter)
There is no guest list for a pty party, nobody wants to come. Get over it!
Opportunity Step: Affirm, serve, forgive today.
(This is an excerpt from the life changing book, Climb Every Obstacle: Eliminate Your Limits! Move from strife to life. Buy your copy today. FREE shipping.
- It’s My Pity Party and I’ll Cry If I Want To (1fatgirlshrinking.wordpress.com)
- Pity Leaves Us Silent (learntoduck.net)
- The Pitiful or Powerful Choice Awards (connectwithjoy.wordpress.com)